Pages

Monday 28 September 2015

Blog Challenge 10, 9, 8 ...

What are my 8 biggest fears??? Well, let me tell you....

  1. Spiders. Yes, they are tiny, but some jump, others run really fast and they can jump out and surprise you at any moment. Cockroaches too. Luckily I have some very brave children in Room 7 who can take any spiders carefully outside!
  2. Losing my passport. I know it's technically just a piece of paper... but without it, I would be stranded!
  3. Internet fraud. I like to keep my personal details private as part of our cyber smart curriculum. The internet is a big wide place, and it's important to stick to websites that you can trust. 
  4. Earthquakes. I used to live in Christchurch, but thankfully we moved just before the large earthquakes. I am forever grateful, and in awe of the damage they can do if they strike. Next term we are participating in the New Zealand Shake Out, to make sure that we all know what to do if an earthquake were to happen. 
  5. Birds. Yes, birds a beautiful, and they sing lovely melodies. But when they are up close and the wings are flapping... terrifying. I think this fear started when I was about 12, my friend had a pet cockatoo and it used to corner me squawking and flapping its wings. 
  6. Needles. If I ever have to have a blood test for anything the needles make me so squeamish. I still donate blood though, I just have to make sure I look the other way. Luckily they have big tv's to watch at the blood donor centre. 
  7. Heights. I always forget this one. Then I get up the top of somewhere, and paralysis hits. For example, climbing trees, I'll be having great fun, then I get to the top, and can't get down. Same with the Eiffel tower in Paris. We got all the way to the top and the wind was blowing and I couldn't move. 
  8. and Number 8. I am afraid of challenge. Not necessarily afraid, but trying new things always makes me anxious. I don't let that hold me back though, I like to try new things all the time, but it is still scary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment